Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Position involves the development of affordable housing projects in the West Region of the US.
• Position may require management of other PM’s and/or APM’s.
• Manage the Project setup, Design Management, Preconstruction, Construction, and Post Construction tasks that fall within the duties of the PM Team.
• Manage certain identified pre-development tasks, as well as, other tasks through Design Development phase.
• Manage the development and review of internal and external reports including: project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, GC pay application tracking, and project status report.
• Take the lead with negotiating, approving and executing prime GC contract, vendor contracts, and change orders.
• Manage the review and implementation of multiple project specifications, drawing releases and design changes, including all project specific governmental agencies or municipal agency project requirements.
• Manage internal and external project risk reviews and communicating project status, with regard to risks, schedule, and costs to all stakeholders.
• Manage the implementation of the Project Development Task Responsibilities Checklist, for each specific project.
• Manage the GC bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for OVs contracts, including prequalifying and selecting GC and OVs.
• Manage the Prime Contract, Subcontractor, and Supplier invoicing process.
• Adhere to project documentation and filing systems.
• Manage securing applicable project permits.
• Manage oversight of Safety & Health performance of the GC and OVs.
• Participate in project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
• Manage the GC change order management process and delay claims.
• Attend and participate in project and corporate meetings as needed. Generate Meeting Minutes
• Manage the project turnover documentation, recordkeeping/retention, warranty administration and project closeout.
• Manage compliance of company policies in all project aspects.
• All other duties as assigned.
• This position requires a minimum of a four (4) year bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution and five (5) years of related experience OR a minimum of ten (10) years project management experience in the construction industry.
• Candidate must have experience in the development and construction of affordable housing.
• Candidate must be proficient with operating computer software. Software includes but is not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access), Adobe Acrobat, document control, scheduling (Primavera/MS Project/Other), cost control, and project management software.
• Candidate must be a self-starter, and show that he/she is able to take the initiative and lead the team of design and construction professionals successfully.
• BS required, or Project Management experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Candidates must be of high integrity and conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner.
• Up to 20% overnight travel may be required.
• Occasional visits to a projects construction site.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.