Summary: The Executive Loan Production Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative and office-support activities for the Merchants Capital Production (Originations and Credit) Department and NYC Executive Team, with a primary focus on tasks as assigned by the Head of Agency Production and the GSE Chief Underwriter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare correspondence and manage confidential, sensitive information
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Prepare documents, reports and presentation materials
- Coordinate schedules and conference calls for designated department members
- Arrange travel accommodations as assigned
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Maintain general office policies and procedures
- Handle requests for general office information and data
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Organize and maintain office and kitchen supply inventory
- Attend various meetings to take notes and prepare meeting minutes as needed
- Assist with tasks related to specific loans, such as preparing forms, data entry, uploading data, editing documents, etc.
- Assist with internal and external audits, as needed
- Under minimal supervision, complete special projects and research as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with two to three years in a professional setting a preference
- Desire to learn Real Estate Finance
- Must demonstrate the utmost professionalism and confidentiality at all times and in all circumstances
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills, including via phone, email and in person
- Must be a Notary Public, or in the process of becoming a Notary Public
- Possess the initiative to work in an independent and reliable manner, and ability to work closely with other internal departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database management
- Requires a keen sense of urgency, resiliency, determination, attention-to-detail and strong multi-tasking skills
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.
Job Title: Executive Loan Production Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.