SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
We are posting for this position, but the timing of our interview process is uncertain at this stage due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you for your patience as we move forward.
APAH is a non-profit affordable housing developer that works throughout the DC region. APAH’s mission is to develop, preserve and own quality affordable places to live; to promote stability and opportunity for our residents; and, to advocate with the people and communities we serve. APAH is a mission driven, community minded and resident focused organization guided by six core values: compassion, integrity, collaboration, innovation, excellence and impact. APAH owns 18 communities and has developed over 2000 apartments, with an additional 700+ apartments under construction or in development throughout the DC metro area.
APAH is looking for an experienced Real Estate Project Manager who can be a leading member of the real estate development team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the Low Income Tax Credit Program and has experience managing all aspects of the development cycle, from design and development through construction completion and lease up. They will be a hard-working and conscientious team player who is committed to APAH’s mission and values.
Key position responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects of the design, construction and stabilization phases of multi-family affordable housing projects
- Vetting new deals, including due-diligence, financial analysis, working with consultants and competitive analysis
- Creating and reviewing financial models of proposed projects in order to evaluate feasibility throughout the development process
- Leveraging financial, political and community support for projects and collaborating with neighborhood groups and local government staff to secure regulatory approvals and easements
- Preparing applications for project funding, including pre-development, construction and permanent financing
- Managing financial closings and assuring timely completion of all steps required for a successful transaction
- Overseeing the general contractor and coordinating other consultants to ensure construction remains on schedule and on budget
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge, skills and abilities consistent with the following:
- Demonstrated ability in project management, including coordinating teams, managing schedules, tasks and construction
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Experience with the entitlement processes
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to make presentations to civic leaders, residents and neighbors
- Eager to learn new skills and master complex development assignments. Strong organizational skills, self-starting and self-directed work habits. Detail-oriented.
- Strongly prefer experience with federal, state and local housing programs and funding sources, including the low-income housing tax credit, HOME and CDBG.
- Responsive to direction and supervision. Good sense of humor essential.
- Team player that can interact productively and positively with other members of the APAH staff.
Education and Experience Requirement
- Minimum 7 years of real estate project management experience, preferably with affordable housing multi-family. Track record in developing successful real estate projects on budget and on schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, construction management, architecture, planning, finance, business, law, urban planning or related field.
- Primarily required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to walk around properties and construction sites, including climbing stairs and navigating sites with limited access.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience. APAH has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401k and paid leave. Our corporate office in Ballston has free parking.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to resumes @ apah.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
APAH offers equal employment opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and unlawful harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other protected classes or categories as defined by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, training program participation, compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
For more information about APAH, please visit us at apah. org.
- Project Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.