Job Description: Corporate Controller
We are a fast-growing Real Estate Investment Company in Beverly Hills. We are seeking a Seasoned Corporate Controller and are only looking for an “A” player. We will pay that person at the 90th Percentile in Salary and Bonus. This person will be responsible for the following duties:
- Production of monthly financial statements for 40 entities using Excel/QuickBooks within 5 days of the month end.
- Write footnotes describing each extraordinary transaction
- Consolidation of financial statements into holding companies and then into the ultimate parent entity
- Maintain and reconcile Cash Flows for every entity
- Reconcile Inter-Company Accounts
- Prepare and Post Journal Entries
- Disbursement of distributions to investors
- Accurate maintenance of Accounting Records
- Cash Management
- Prepare schedules and provide assistance to our external tax accountant
- Send and collect rent invoices to keep A/R current and cash flow positive
- Perform CAM reconciliations
- Keep accurate records of Accounts Payable and disburse payments when due
- Provide daily Cash Flow reports to Management
- Maintain an orderly filing system
- Financial Presentations to Lenders
- Must have an Accounting degree from a 4-year College or University
- Must have an encyclopedic mastery of basic and intermediate accounting
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a company of equal or greater complexity
- CPA Greatly Preferred
- Must be an expert in Quick Books
- Must live within a 30-minute commute to our office in Beverly Hills
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to organize relevant information in order to perform the requisite reports,
- Have an impeccable attention to detail,
- Be experienced in reading and interpreting commercial leases,
- Be able to compare lease requirements for insurance with policy provisions,
- Make accuracy and consistency unbreakable rules,
- Use time efficiently in order to meet deadlines,
- Be a hard worker committed to working long hours on occasion,
- Be an expert in “Cash Basis Accounting,”
- Have a good memory for transactions,
- Have Common Sense,
- Be able to meet verbal as well as written commitments.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary and Bonuses: in the 90th percentile for similar jobs.
Benefits: Full package including medical, dental vision, long term disability and life insurances and 401-k plan.
Ability to move up within the organization.
- Accounting / Control
- Risk Management
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.