Mesa Capital Partners is a well-established Atlanta based firm with an extensive track record of success in the acquisition and development of multifamily apartments which has an immediate need for an internal Construction Manager. The Construction Manager will oversee the construction of all in house ground up developments with effective project controls and management procedures for successful execution of projects.
This position is for a self-starter who frequently moves about from one project to another, spending up to 70% of their time on project sites and the balance of time in our Atlanta based office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate successful project completion and turn over through managing the project GC and monitoring all phases of the construction of Mesa multifamily development projects
- Oversee and supervise the GC’s who are working directly for Mesa by acting as an owner’s rep, representing Mesa onsite maintaining a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Monitor all construction related activity performed by the GC including Contracts, Change Orders, Completion Schedule and other essential construction management control documents
- Develop and track project schedules with the GC; participate in monthly and/or weekly GC meetings as needed and lead monthly Owner/GC meetings
- Manage enforcing agencies when needed and be on project sites for important inspections or meetings with inspectors, City officials, utility providers, local municipal agencies or others as needed (i.e. Building Dept, Fire, Erosion Control, DOT)
- Track and report multiple concurrent projects vs. their budget
- Inspect projects for progress, quality control, timing of completion, and costs to complete
- Review all RFI (Request for Information) submittals and ensure each are answered by the appropriate project consultant
- Meet with GC and sub-contractors to discuss scope discrepancies, change order requests, trouble spots, delays, etc.
- Proactively identifies potential construction issues and mitigation strategies, along with critical milestones and project priorities
- Qualify and recommend sub-contractors as needed (references, licenses, insurance, etc.), negotiate terms (payment/schedule), and prepare contracts when sub-contractor scope doesn’t fall to the GC
- Manage the building and unit turnover process, documenting and ensuring timely completion of the punch list
- Assist in organizing all Lender submittals, including sign off/approval of monthly bank draws
- Assists in pre project budget estimates by procuring construction pricing by way of the GC and other consultants and value-engineer cost savings with the GC and Mesa design team
- Coordinate reoccurring status meetings with other Mesa staff, architects and consultants
- Can drive their vehicle to and from multiple project sites around the SE, work under minimal supervision, wear a hard hat on job sites and is willing to travel locally and regionally by car or plane as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS degree in a related field with 4 years or more work experience in a construction management or related field, preferably in multifamily residential construction
- Ability to read and interpret surveys, blueprints, shop drawings, architectural plans, specifications and construction documents with knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and building codes
- Results oriented, driven to succeed, flexible, and adaptive
- Ability to establish respect among team members, be readily available, decisive and persuasive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an outgoing personality
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Professional attitude with strong diplomacy skills
- Experience in contract administration
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, and spreadsheets required
- Must possess good interpersonal and time management skills
This is a full-time job with a salary between $75,000 to $120,000. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. For the right individual, and under the right circumstances, a part time position may be considered. Mesa employment includes performance-based bonus, health insurance, and paid time off.
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.