Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and manages the sourcing and origination process on standard to more complex commercial mortgage loan investment opportunities, including independent transaction review, application preparation and negotiation, due diligence analysis, property inspection and market tour, borrower and correspondent mortgage banker meetings, committee presentation and closing due diligence, with minimal guidance and supervision of senior loan officers.
- Responsible for business development and relationship management for assigned mortgage banking firms.
- Reviews and underwrites new and/or complex commercial real estate loan investment opportunities providing decision support analysis to senior loan officers.
- Drafts term sheets, application/commitment letters, and other transaction related documents.
- Leads and completes the preparation of mortgage loan committee credit memos working independently and collaboratively with senior loan officers or commercial loan team, mortgage banking representatives, analysts and other relevant resources, such as appraisers or other sources of commercial real estate data.
- Manages and completes due diligence analysis during the loan closing process including review of leases, rent rolls, third party reports, estoppels, and other business related closing matters.
- Serves as business liaison throughout the mortgage loan closing process working collaboratively with senior commercial real estate loan officers, internal constituents (legal and asset administration), mortgage banking representatives, external counsel, third party report providers, and others necessary to effectuate a timely closing.
- Collaborates and partners with management and team to support business objectives. Provides training and development support to team members.
- Assists with other matters that may be required related to the origination process or portfolio management of the existing portfolio or related investment assets (private equity, low income housing tax credits).
- Continues to develop in knowledge and expertise; attends seminars and continuing education classes; completes
professionally-recognized designations; participates in professional and industry organizations and industry conferences.
- Participates in and travels with senior loan officers on asset and market due diligence activities designed to enhance knowledge and skill set through training and development. Completes independent travel and due diligence activities under the authority and guidance of a senior loan officer.
This job posting is reflective of the Senior Real Estate Portfolio Manager essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Director level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis of income producing real estate, real estate fundamentals and capital structures;
- 3-5 years financial analyst experience in commercial real estate investments or lending.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and provide sound business recommendations in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail; ability to proactively manage processes and activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment and manage multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer applications to include but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Engaged with the ability to maintain and support a professional business environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance or related field.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Master's Degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Financial analyst experience in commercial mortgage financing, investment sales, appraiser, financial institution, life insurance company preferred.
- Knowledge of Argus and other real estate analytical software applications a plus.