As part of the Ten-X Commercial Business Development team, this role will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships in the commercial real estate sector across a breadth of high net worth owners, brokers and institutional sellers; sourcing new asset sale opportunities for the Ten-X auction platform. Strong candidates will have a demonstrated track record of success in sales with well-established relationships. Ten-X offers a highly competitive compensation package with base salary plus unlimited commission potential for successful sales people as well as the highest level of internal support to help all sales people ramp up and scale their business.
Individual can be based in Irvine, Miami, NYC
Ten-X, formerly Auction.com, was founded in 2009 to assist large financial institutions in liquidating distressed assets through REO, Note Sales, Receivership Sales and “Lender Involved” sales with borrowers. Over the past 10+ years, Ten-X has successfully sold and closed more than 4,000 such asset sales for hundreds of private owners, financial institutions including CMBS Servicers, Banks, Life Companies and Non-Bank Lenders.
Ten-X is the world's largest online commercial real estate marketplace, conducting more transactions via an online auction format than any other platform in the world. Ten-X recently surpassed $24 Billion in closed transactions, averaging between $2-3 Billion in closings each year since inception in 2009. Ten-X assists commercial owners and brokers in selling and closing transactions through worldwide marketing campaigns and a best in class process which provides transparency, efficiency and expedited selling and closing time frames.
· Account Coverage: Develop and maintain relationships with owners, brokers, and intermediaries to source new asset sale listings for Ten-X auction events
· Act as a trusted adviser to clients by providing strategies to maximize execution with respect to asset dispositions
· Pipeline Management: Originate/source and maintain an active deal pipeline, consistently marketing and selling assets on the Ten-X platform through owners and their respective listing brokers
· Collaborate internally with colleagues and externally with clients in effectively managing deal flow
· Prospecting new accounts/deals: Actively seek out new sale opportunities through research, email and other marketing campaigns, attending industry conferences and cold calling
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· High energy individual with integrity who has a passion for real estate, technology and marketing
· Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
· Proven track record of successful sales and/or success at developing and maintaining institutional quality relationships
· Strong sales, negotiation skills gained within the commercial real estate industry
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, comfortable interacting in a customer-oriented environment
· Experience with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce is required
· Experience with Commercial Real Estate Platform
Personal Characteristics and Skills:
· High Performer: A demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and high growth environment with experience managing a set of accounts and deals in highly efficient manner. A background in a sales related role carrying and meeting/exceeding a quota and other sales related targets is crucial to success.
Understanding of asset sales processes from onboarding through sale and closing is required.
· Thought Leader: Desire to bring innovative products and strategies to the commercial real estate marketplace, through technology, marketing and real estate strategies
· Team Player: A team player by nature, this individual must possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with Ten-X. Conducting oneself with integrity both internally and externally representing our brand is of utmost priority – every member of the Business Development must be what we call “high character individuals”
· Communicator: Candidate must have solid presentation and writing skills and be able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, results and strategy.
· Bachelor's Degree in business, real estate or related degree; advanced degree in commercial real estate is a plus
· 7+ years of experience in capital markets roles, mortgage brokerage, banking, real estate sales and/or brokerage is required
· Experience working in transactional sales commissioned environment with regional or national real estate firm is preferred
Ten-X only accepts resumes from vendors on our approved vendor List. Do not forward any resumes to our applicant tracking system, Ten-X employees, or send to any Ten-X company location. Ten-X is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Ten-X is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Business Development
- Capital Markets
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.