Lowe is a privately held diversified national real estate organization. Lowe strives to be a leading real estate services company, widely recognized by the industry for our client services, investment success, extraordinary people and core values. Lowe’s mission is to create superior value and returns for our partners and clients through innovative real estate investment, development and management strategies and services.
The Construction Manager is responsible for providing key support to Lowe's project management activities in Charleston, South Carolina.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle monthly Contractor requisition processing including validating work complete billings and confirming same with Contractor. Distribute to Lender inspector and resolve any questions.
- Validate Contractor change order proposals in accordance with the GMP and directed revisions.
- Provide schedule reviews including jobsite progress assessments and CPM schedule update reviews submitted by Contractor.
- Provide problem solving duties involving Ownership, Designer and Contractor. Provide specific constructability assessments as needed. Submittal approval oversight and RFI expediting.
- Assist with management of FF&E Installation and coordination.
- Assist with punchlist formulation and managing completion of work by Contractor.
- Manage various close out and pre-opening activities
- Excellent written and oral communication capabilities which demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and team-building skills in interfacing with internal and external client, consultant and public/private relationships.
- Experience with the full cycle of physical vertical construction process, including design and engineering matters for project of institutional size and quality.
- Ability to function independently and accept direction from other members of the development and construction management team as necessary per the guidance of the Project Manager.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting established deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- 8-12 years of previous work experience in construction management having served in the lead project manager role for a general contractor or developer.
- Skilled and knowledgeable with procurement, permitting, planning, construction methods and design of significant new construction projects. Hospitality experience a plus.
- Exceptionally strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and interpersonal.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in civil engineering or construction management, or related fields.
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.