- Underwrite and evaluate potential equity and debt investment opportunities across many product types (Office, Multifamily, Retail & Industrial) and business plan profiles (Development, Value-add and Core)
- Work with and build financial models in Argus DCF, Argus Enterprise and Excel
- Research and track real estate market performance and metrics – generate reports based on findings
- Transactions & Due Diligence
- Track and update the deal pipeline
- Support in the review, organization and analysis of due diligence materials, not limited to: contracts, leases, financials, tenant recoveries and third-party reports
- Prepare internal memos and Investment Committee briefings using Microsoft Word and Power Point
- Interface with local brokers, partners, third party consultants, attorneys and transaction counterparties
- Closing & Transition
- Assist in acquisition closings - reconciliation of closing prorations, review of estoppels, preparing internal transition memos and asset management, accounting and property management transition support
- A bachelor’s degree with a track record of strong academic performance
- 1 to 3 years of prior corporate finance, investment banking or real estate experience
- Strategic thinking with proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to absorb and analyze complex material
- High level of initiative, strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-managed, good communication skills, able to work well independently and within a small team on many tasks
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Argus DCF, Argus Enterprise and financial modeling; exceptional quantitative, analytical and business writing skills
- A strong interest in real estate and a desire to learn
DivcoWest is a vertically-integrated operator, owner, developer and real estate partner to the innovation economy. DivcoWest has corporate offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, DC and New York as well as numerous property management locations across the United States. Since its inception, DivcoWest and its predecessor have acquired more than 45 million square feet of commercial space - primarily throughout the United States. DivcoWest has a longstanding history of investing primarily in properties that serve the innovation markets of the economy, seeking to capitalize on DivcoWest’s extensive network of relationships within the markets for which the company has served over the last 25+ years. DivcoWest’s real estate portfolio currently includes existing and development properties consisting of office, R&D, lab, industrial, retail and multifamily.
DivcoWest prides itself on its progressive attitude towards technology and innovation. It not only serves as a landlord to technology tenants, but is also a strong proponent of proptech and has incorporated cutting edge technology in all aspects of its business. DivcoWest is also an investor in various real estate related technology ventures.
- Due Diligence
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.