Olympus Ventures LLC
Senior Financial Analyst– Real Estate
Olympus Ventures LLC (“Olympus”) is a private investment company that oversees a diverse commercial real estate portfolio consisting of core, core-plus and value add industrial, office, healthcare, multi-family and mixed-use assets. Properties are owned directly or through joint venture co-investments with qualified operating partners and are geographically diversified nationally in primary and secondary markets.
The Senior Financial Analyst – Real Estate will play a key role on the real estate team, working across the entire platform, supporting the asset management team with property level financial analysis, reporting and forecasting performance of individual assets and on a portfolio level. The role will also collaborate with the acquisitions team, assisting in the underwriting, market analysis, due diligence, and integration of new property acquisitions into the portfolio as well as strategic dispositions.
- Support asset managers in the creation of asset plans that incorporate the investment analysis and acquisition strategy with the leasing, operational, and financial components of the assets to maximize the financial performance and value of each asset;
- Track investment performance of assets, generating quarterly and ad-hoc investment reporting;
- Compile, analyze, and present portfolio-wide metrics relating to both financial performance as well as tracking other portfolio other metrics (lease expirations, debt maturities, major tenant exposures, etc.);
- Monitor performance of assets relative to budget, underwriting, and historical performance and compare same to industry indices;
- Conduct market research and analysis to track local economic conditions in key markets;
- Keep current on latest trends within the real estate industry, ensuring market information is factored into transaction and investment decision making;
- Assist asset managers with lease negotiation, and analysis;
- Assist asset managers in lender reporting, banking, insurance and loan covenant compliance;
- Complete periodic Argus reforecast of properties and work with Asset Managers, and real estate accounting functions to develop more robust reporting platform;
- Collaborate with asset managers to develop and maintain annual property budget / business plans, and property database.
Acquisitions / Capital Markets:
- Assist in underwriting new investment opportunities, and hold-sell / refinance analysis using Excel and Argus valuation models, modeling investment and partnership level returns;
- Perform financial due diligence and market research to validate underwriting assumptions;
- Review lease, tenant correspondence, property reports, loan documents , and other legal documents;
- Assist in preparation of investment memos, presentations, loan requests, and maintaining investment pipeline.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Prior experience in or understanding of real estate finance and cash flow modeling;
- Strong finance/analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Working knowledge of Argus and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Curiosity in anticipating future trends and assessing the impact on our business.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in related field or combination of experience and education.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.