Will function as a coordinator, facilitator and owner of key projects and priorities emanating from ECD’s executive offices and senior leadership team (SLT). Will operate as a strategic partner to the CEO and other C-suite leaders, working to align organizational mission and goals with timely and high-quality execution. Will support decision making through independently led analysis and diligent process management. Daily work will productively balance short term deliverables in support of meetings and goals with planning and set-up for realization of long-term and strategic priorities. Position will serve as a member of the SLT, reporting to ECD’s President and CEO.
|Job Responsibilities |
Management and Execution:
- Support management functions by serving as a day-to-day interface with ECD’s leadership team.
- Facilitate a culture of competence-based collaboration across ECD by fostering open communication and building/strengthening systems that include the right internal stakeholders in decision-making and execution.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, including members of ECD’s SLT, initiative leaders and other key staff.
- Lead and oversee select special initiatives from inception to completion. Assume day-to-day responsibility for varying projects and tasks
- Prepare for and follow up on internal and external meetings. When needed, participate directly in meetings and follow up with the relevant parties. Maintain notes and key follow up items as necessary.
- Assist the CEO and members of the leadership team with information-gathering, communication with different parties, developing and monitoring plans and keeping track of responsibilities.
- Serve as a liaison between staff, leadership team, and CEO
- Assist CEO and SLT with internal written communications to include drafting emails, letters and other correspondence.Support internal and external presentations through development of PowerPoint slides and similar electronic visual aids.
- Keep CEO and management team abreast of company climate (employee wellbeing, project statuses, new proposals, etc.)
- Work with team leaders and present to senior executives
- Help coordinate business-wide procedures and work to improve existing processes for maximum clarity, efficiency, and success
General Support & Strategy
- Manage special projects assigned by the CEO and SLT members.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the leadership team.
- Anticipate needs from the team and identify opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow.
- Serve as a thought partner on issues of organizational strategy, priorities, and execution, including evaluating growth opportunities, exploring business model innovation, and maintaining an active understanding of the competitive marketplace and needs of ECD.
- Maintain an active knowledge and deep understanding ECD’s strategic and operational environment, especially emerging areas that present new opportunities for ECD
- Represent ECD with external stakeholders as needed and contribute to building and maintaining relationships on its behalf.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-5 years of professional experience
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Office/Google Docs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Maturity of judgment, high level of accuracy, and close attention to detail, when managing various data driven projects helpful
- Strong sense of confidentiality in order to handle sensitive information appropriately
- Organized and deadline oriented with a proven track record at delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in and aptitude for handling a wide variety of responsibilities, at varying levels of complexity, in a very hands-on manner, with consistent high quality of output
- Ability to craft verbal and written communication to multiple stakeholders with a keen sense of relationship-building and customer service.
- Strong organization and project management skills - ability to see the big picture and to manage the small details, and to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders optimistic, thoughtful, curious, and personable
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when appropriate
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high standards of excellence coupled with an enthusiastic approach to ones work
|Additional Information |
- Energetic, hard-working, driven, enthusiastic team player
- Independent, organized, and detail-oriented self-starter
- Innovative and resourceful problem solver
- Principled with high ethical standards, professionalism and integrity
- An interest in advancing the field of affordable housing and community development