HealthQuarters is redefining the way that people experience healthcare – by offering a hospitality-focused blend of clinical practices, wellness services and healthcare-related retail under one roof.
Our growing team of accomplished medical operators, brand builders, designers and strategists are looking for a Director of Real Estate to lead the planning and execution of an aggressive nationwide brick and mortar rollout.
The ideal candidate is eager to leverage existing relationships and seek out new real-estate partners who will support HealthQuarters’ need for highly-trafficked, brand-appropriate and competitively negotiated locations. They should be driven by both data and brand insights – pairing analytics, co-tenancies, an eye for space, and broader market-wide context in the search for our perfect locations.
Our team is nimble and transparent. You’ll be working hand-in-hand with our Finance, Legal and Design teams throughout due diligence, negotiation and execution phases – collaboratively vetting sites through filters that leave the wider organization feeling great about site selections.
And we are young! This is the brand’s first Director of Real Estate opening, affording the role a tremendous amount of space to create the systems, processes and relationships which will position our brand on a sustainable path to growth. You won’t be fixing or improving broken systems, you’ll be building them from scratch.
This role is based in our Union Square, New York Headquarters.
What you give:
- Develop and lead implementation of the company's national real estate strategy to support its retail and corporate expansion
- Anticipate and identify real estate opportunities in both institutional and off-market settings
- Work closely with our Finance team to assess and articulate the financial viability and risks of new opportunities
- Lead internal process to understand and select sites (including a site selection criteria matrix), soliciting and integrating feedback from relevant teams
- Lead the development of systems and processes to provide an even cadence of construction kickoffs, in-line with annual new location opening goals
- Leverage third party analytics platform to provide data-driven recommendations
- Lead lease negotiation, in partnership with the Legal team and Director of Development
- Manage and collaborate with outside real estate brokers, consultants, and other third parties as necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior Lessor leadership, including landlords and other key stakeholders at all sites
- Maintain ongoing real estate pipeline and provide bi-weekly reporting to Leadership Team.
- Onboard and maintain and lease administration platform when appropriate
- Manage all lease trigger dates, ensuring no incentives are lost during lease administration / the brand is properly fulfilling on lease obligations
- Provide intermittent real estate trend and brand positioning reports to the wider team
- Provide leadership, mentoring, professional guidance, direction and supervision to future Real Estate Department colleagues.
Who you are:
- You have at least 5 years of retail real estate experience overseeing site evaluation and selection, making deals, managing a store portfolio, and facilitating approvals. Bonus points if you’ve worked on Landlord-side asset management teams.
- You have a strong industry network of contacts, including landlords, brokers, investors and developers, in all corners of retail across the country
- You have proven negotiation skills, looking at deals holistically and leveraging existing relationships
- You have your finger on the pulse of real estate geographies across the country, including average market rents, major stakeholders and relative ease of project execution
- You are data-driven and goal-oriented — you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively
- You are self-guided and methodical, able to anticipate issues and proactively create systems which manage complex tasks/problems
- You are charismatic and persuasive, able to act as a convincing spokesperson for the brand
- You partner effectively with others, but stand behind your personal experience and expertise, knowing when to be collaborative and where to assert yourself
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to mobilize and lead cross-functional teams to ensure new stores open on time and on budget
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Research/Market Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.