The overall goal will be to identify ways to maximize operations and returns at the individual asset level and the overall fund/portfolio level. This position will focus on comparing our assets to industry benchmarks as well as identifying opportunities to exceed benchmarks without negatively impacting property operations and the property’s competitive position within the submarket. Proactively and independently manages all aspects of assets in portfolio.
Carmel Partners is a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in investment and development of multi-family real estate. Our mission is to create high quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions to enhance the value of our investors, associates and residents
Who you are
You understand the value of building great relationships and consider it a strength of yours. You’re a pro at communicating on and off the page, and your presentation skills are unparalleled. You know how to prioritize and manage your time effectively, and when it comes to making decisions, you’re efficient and effective. You’re a leader and know how and when to delegate. You consider your organizational and analytical skills a key part of your success. And you always drive for measurable results.
What you’ll do
- Review all trend reports and work with VPs as needed regarding trends/activity from the prior week
- Participate in bi-weekly Lease Revenue Optimizer (LRO) Pricing Calls for specific region(s)
- Contribute to Monthly Operations Reviews calls with portfolio management, property management, and asset management as well as quarterly financial reviews
- Conduct regular site visits for your portfolio
- Perform detailed reviews of Monthly Owner’s Reports by property and compile any property-specific questions/comments that are important to discuss during the financial reviews
- Participate in annual budgeting process, including detailed review of all budgets within specific region(s), comparisons of budget projections to historical property performance and comparisons of budget assumptions to relevant industry benchmarks
- Shop competitive property set for properties in specific region at least annually. Review competitive property setup in LRO and make recommendations as needed if comps should be adjusted
- Review real estate tax assessments and participate in discussions with portfolio manager and third-party real estate tax consultants regarding tax appeal strategies
- Participate in the underwriting of new acquisitions by evaluating the competitive set and developing a stabilized pro forma. Present and defend rents and expenses to Investment Committee
- Partner with the property operations team and the dispositions point person to ensure property strategy and operations are followed during the dispositions process to maximize ultimate sales price of assets
- Perform comprehensive utilities analysis (annual cost/usage trends, opportunities for expense reduction and bill-back increases)
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
- Ownership of your portfolio’s marketing oversight and review of websites on a regular basis
- Preparation of QAR’s and ALBP’s and presenting the documents to the Investment Committee
- Contributing to team initiatives and ad hoc reporting as needed
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders regarding the lease-up, pricing and marketing of new developments.
What you’ll bring
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Finance, MBA preferred
- At least 5 years’ real estate investment management experience, multifamily experience strongly preferred
- Retail/Commercial leasing experience a plus
- Strong understanding of real estate valuation processes
- Understanding of property appraisal process
- Underwriting experience
Carmel Partners, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.