Docugami is a Seattle-area document engineering startup that has just received a $10M seed round of VC funding as well as multiple endorsements from industry leaders and publications. We strive to transform how businesses create and manage documents for greater productivity, compliance, and insight using breakthrough artificial intelligence.
Applying AI to natural language processing (NLP) is today's next frontier. Docugami specializes in inventing and implementing unique and creative techniques that push the boundaries of what is possible in document understanding, information extraction and document authoring assistance.
We seek an experienced Sales Director, to be the first hire of what will be a growing, evolving, best-in-class sales team. The successful candidate will convince us that they can kickstart our direct sales to the commercial real estate industry via their insight and experience, and then scale up the early success with the first important customers to the larger CRE market. They will understand the dynamics, the language, and the operations of the CRE business across the country, championing the customers in our work and helping them to advance their business with our product. You will partner closely with our small, talented, fast-growing team and create the center of our business growth.
You will love this job if:
- You see sales as a mixture of art, science and personal relationship-building that helps your customers while helping your company.
- You love championing customers’ issues, requirements and the benefits they seek to a technology-focused team.
- Quotas that you plan don’t scare you. They motivate you as worthy goals.
- You want to get in on the ground floor of a new organization, to help build the culture in a wonderful way for everyone.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing thought-leadership sales messaging and content for the CRE industry to understand and take advantage of Docugami products.
- Prospecting, qualifying and selling to commercial real estate customers.
- Nurturing and selling further into accounts that have started adoption.
- Feeding the team with your knowledge of the CRE business and of specific customer requirements in a prioritized way.
- Figuring out how to update and improve our sales motion activities as our business grows through different stages, from a few customers, to thousands.
What we look for in a candidate:
- 10+ years of increasingly successful direct sales experience.
- Demonstrated, specific, deep knowledge of the commercial real estate industry.
- Powerful executive-level communication, networking and relationship-building skills.
- A calling, to be the first dedicated sales executive at our company, to set a high bar and welcoming environment for the team to come.
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Healthcare plan
- Competitive vacation and leave policy
- Unlimited in-house healthy snacks & drinks
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of highly motivated folks with a unique range of startup, big enterprise, scientific, engineering, sales & marketing experience
- Vibrant and inclusive company culture with frequent team-building events
Docugami is a Seattle-area document engineering startup that transforms how businesses create and manage documents for greater productivity, compliance, and insight using breakthrough artificial intelligence. Founded in March 2018 by former senior engineering leaders from Microsoft, Docugami harnesses a wide range of artificial intelligence techniques, including natural language processing, image recognition, declarative markup, and other approaches, to enable businesses of all sizes to radically improve how they create and manage documents for greater insight, efficiency, and business impact.
Learn more at
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team.
- Business Development
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.