REGIONAL RETAIL LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Retail Regional Leader is responsible for the management and integration of the entire retail practice for the designated local or regional geography. Agency leasing, occupier representation and Urban/High Street practices, along with the professionals who perform those services, are the core areas of responsibility. The functional leader will be the face of Retail Leasing practices in that local region, coordinate closely with other Regional Retail Leaders across the Americas and the Retail Line of Business leadership team.
Retail Leadership and Operational Excellence:
- Conduct Business Planning meetings with sales professionals and review and approve written business plan.
- Conduct broker debriefs on a regular basis and assist professionals in the creation of annual business plans.
- Conduct quarterly calls/meetings with all professionals to share performance, best practices to ensure/provide consistency.
- Manage conflicts of interest with clients and professionals in areas where we have service offerings that might be perceived as overlapping.
- Conduct regular debriefs calls with clients to discuss their goals, strategies, concerns, issues, etc.
- Develop and lead retail real estate educational and business development programs for junior brokers.
- Formulate and implement in cooperation with other Regional Retail Leaders regional and/or national retail programs designed to team build between and among retail brokers in multiple markets and serve as a forum to share multi-market leads and best practices with other LMAs.
- Identify potential national and/or regional retention issues and design programs and/or policies to combat those concerns.
- Advise professionals on outbound transactions including interstate brokerage requirements.
- Identify geographic and product line gaps in the retail team and in conjunction with LMA leaders focus on recruitment of retail professionals to fill such gaps.
- Move up or move out historically or chronically non-productive professionals.
- Develop and proactively pursue a curated list of top Investor and Occupier clients.
- Educate leasing professionals on the Retail Science platform and in recognizing opportunities to incorporate multiple services in client development.
- Advocate and encourage increased attachment of our Retail Science platform services in order to develop and secure more business and deliver higher level of service to the client.
- Leverage the Finishing First process to coordinate a winning pitch process on major pursuits, ensuring the best CBRE team is assigned to its execution.
- Track, or lead the tracking of, all client development activity using CBRE sales management products
- Drive synergies between our research and marketing teams in order to create more impactful deliverables to our leasing professionals.
- Maintain a complete list of Tenants in the Market, contacts for all retailers, and review this list at regularly scheduled specialty meetings.
- Determine current market share and available space; address CBRE market share vs competitors.
- Create and maintain meaningful and current comps databases.
- Identify and communicate market trends, opportunities and competitive threats
- Partner with Retail leadership to produce internal and external world class events
- Schedule and conduct regular client meetings.
- Work with research and marketing on special reports/deliverables/presentations to clients.
- Produce rhythmic press releases promoting key transactions, themes and successful outcomes for clients.
- Lead ICSC booth organization, meetings and client-oriented events.
- Ensure the local web site is current and reflecting our retail brand in that local region.
- Be an ambassador for CBRE at the local level with investors, developers, consultants, economic development organizations, journalists/media, and other real estate professionals who call on CBRE for information, advice and assistance.
General LMA Management
Depending on geographic scope and or local market structure, the Regional Retail Leader is either responsible for personally leading or in conjunction with LMA Management having direct oversight of the following activities:
- Review, negotiate, and execute listing agreements, commission agreements, management agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, and other CBRE contracts on a daily basis, regularly utilizing CBRE Legal as a resource.
- Review and approve agency project marketing expenses to include ads, signage and other project marketing costs.
- Actively recruit brokers, investment sales professionals, DSF specialists, and asset services professionals to fill gaps and to expand market reach across all product types.
- Identify and submit qualified acquisition candidates including providing data such as detailed strategic rationals and operational/cultural fit description;
- Engage is specific pursuits as directed by Senior Leadership and the M&A support team.
- Other LMA General Management duties to include:
- financial management,
- T&E expense management and approvals,
- client entertainment,
- client events and planning,
- assistance and support of other CBRE leaders in numerous strategic initiatives,
- coordination with other LMA leadership team members, and
- daily problem solving
Minimum of ten (10) years comprehensive experience in commercial real estate or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have strong background and expertise in managing a diverse workforce and overseeing sales, operations and expense management.
- Must have exceptional client service skills and the ability to acts in an advisory role for internal and external clients.
- Must strong understanding of industry and demonstrate knowledge/capabilities in the areas of financial analysis, business administration, legal, human resources, ethical practices, marketing, business development and sales.
- Must be able to think strategically and to analyze business and financial data.
- Must be able to utilize an entrepreneurial approach and develop innovative solutions.
Bachelor s degree required. Master s degree preferred.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Real estate sales, brokerage license required. Appropriate designations and participation in professional and industry organizations desired.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management and clients
- Be able to deliver clear and concise verbal and written communications.
Must possess advanced financial skills and knowledge to review complex financial reports prepared and make recommendations to executives that impact the line of business.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills.
- Can draws upon the analysis of others and make recommendations that directly impact the division, line of business, company.
- Strong entrepreneurial and creative spirit desired.
- Some knowledge and understanding of all facets of property and asset management, leasing, brokerage, marketing, and financial reporting.
- Flexible and adept at handling multiple priorities and initiatives.
- Displays excellent organizational skills.
- Above-average computer skills in Word, Excel, and Internet.
- High level of integrity and ethics is critical.
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results.
Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines.
Exceptional judgment to avoid long-term impact on division, line of business, company.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
- General Management and C-Suite
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.