Cottonwood is a vertically integrated real estate investment management company with robust in-house asset management and development capabilities. We are headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Boston and New York, with an AUM of over US$3 billion. Our private equity roots and extensive institutional relationships provide our investors unique access to superior real estate opportunities from equity positions to senior debt investments. Our leadership team has over 100 years of combined experience in structuring, funding, closing and developing some of the largest real estate projects in the United States.
We are seeking a candidate with strong academic credentials and extensive experience in private equity real estate investment underwriting and transaction execution (equity or debt). If you are a successful professional with relevant experience and interested in further developing your skills in a creative and entrepreneurial environment, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The Vice President role will be based in Los Angeles working closely with the Capital Markets team to source, underwrite and execute investment opportunities. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transactional sourcing and screening
- Assessment of investment opportunities including market analysis, financial projections, risk & return analysis, transaction structuring
- Development and documentation of transaction rationale and investment strategy, including preparation and presentation of all investment memoranda and investor presentation materials
- Development and implementation of transactional structures and capital structures through such instruments as purchase and sales agreement, joint venture agreements, loan agreements, co-lender agreements, asset management agreements and development agreements
- Transaction execution including effective third-party and counterparty management, transaction negotiation and documentation, legal, physical and environment due diligence, appraisal coordination, construction budgets and schedules analysis, business plan formation, budgeting, financial analysis/projections and investment analysis
- Assisting in the coaching of junior investment professionals
- Strong academic credentials from a top-tier institution
- 8-10 years’ experience in private equity real estate investments (equity or debt)
- Exceptional business writing skills; ability to navigate through complex legal documents an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possesses strong deal and/or capital sourcing networks
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting; excellent analytical/modeling skills
- Ability to negotiate under pressure and manage expectations and concerns of clients and capital partners
- Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards
- Investment Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.