Associate/Senior Associate, Real Estate Advisory
New York, NY
The Company provides advisory services to the real estate and infrastructure sectors, serving corporate and institutional clients on both local and international market transactions, with offices located in the United States, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea and India. The Company’s core practice areas include M&A, Debt Placement, Financial Advisory, Asset Brokerage, and Structured Transactions with a focus on cross-border transactions.
The Company is seeking an experienced Associate/Senior Associate to work within the Real Estate Investment Banking team in New York. The selected candidate will work with the equity, debt, M&A and brokerage teams on an as-needed basis. The position provides an excellent opportunity for the candidate to work for a market leader in the real estate advisory services industry in a flexible, dynamic, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented environment that fosters collaboration and personal development.
- Perform financial modelling, cash flow analysis, market data research and business case analysis, manage due diligence processes, underwriting analysis, assist in the preparation of pitches, presentations, offering documentation, and support the group on business development initiatives
- Assume responsibilities related to executing and pitching advisory and capital markets transactions for clients
- Draft private and public marketing materials such as offering memoranda, confidential information memoranda, and S-11 registration statements
- Liaise with internal and external executive management teams to manage the delivery and execution of solutions to meet client needs on several projects simultaneously
- The position may require regular travel across North America
- Strong graduate level educational background with an emphasis on business, mathematics, finance, real estate and/or related field
- Either (i) an MBA with 1-3+ years of investment banking and/or related experience as an Associate; or (ii) an undergraduate degree and 3+ years of investment banking and/or related experience, most recently as an Associate
- Fluent English, other languages not required but are desirable
- Strong analytical capabilities, creative problem-solving abilities and financial modelling skills are essential, including an advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel as well as verbal/communication skills
- Demonstrable transaction experience working on M&A / equity processes, debt advisory and/or debt structuring, and/or real estate brokerage
- Candidates will be evaluated on their business acumen and ability to creatively problem-solve, in addition to their approach to risk analysis
- Real estate or financial institutions sector knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to manage a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously while coordinating and directing workflow of analysts on multiple engagements
- Self-motivated individual with a meticulous attention to detail
- Chartered Financial Analyst or accountancy qualification an asset
- Accounting / Control
- Investment Banking
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.