Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with over $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Heitman is seeking a Chicago-based Assistant Vice President to join their Investment Research group! This position involves conducting research into economic, capital market, and property market trends in support of Heitman's investment strategies in private equity and real estate securities. Research is an integral part of the investment process and the focus of significant corporate resources. Members of the department engage in top down and bottom up work designed to maximize investment performance for the firm’s clients.
The responsibilities of an Assistant Vice President include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking conditions across primary and specialty property types
- Targeting market and property-level investment opportunities
- Underwriting market assumptions for assets as part of the acquisitions, asset management and dispositions process
- Framing investment strategies to capitalize on opportunities created by economic, demographic, capital market and property market conditions
- Analyze property market, capital market and economic trends in the multifamily sector, with potential to work on other property types as well
- Work alongside the acquisition and debt teams on prospective property acquisitions, including assessments of local market conditions and trends, competitive properties and identification of risks/opportunities
- Assist the asset and portfolio management teams in evaluation of investment performance, production of annual and quarterly business plans, hold/sell analyses and dispositions for properties within the Heitman-managed North American portfolio
- Write white papers and articles for the Heitman thought leadership series on new investment markets or strategies, as well as current market trends and their investment implications
- Interact with clients in person and on conference calls
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics, geography, urban studies or a related field. An advanced degree is a plus
- At least five years of experience in analyzing real estate investments, this could include work in research, consulting, finance or appraisal
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- A highly developed ability to prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Programming experience a plus
- Comfort with building, maintaining and manipulating databases
- Intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Willingness to work independently on tight deadlines
- Enjoys writing and presenting
Interested professionals should apply via our website at . Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Research/Market Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.