SOME (So Others Might Eat) exists to help homeless and poor individuals and families of Washington, DC. Our more than 30 programs throughout the District provide comprehensive services that lead to mental and physical health, continued sobriety, job training, living-wage employment and affordable housing. We meet immediate needs with food, clothing and healthcare and offer the tools one needs to live with hope, dignity and greater independence.
SOME Inc. is currently seeking a full-timefor our Housing Development department.
Position Overview: The Housing Development Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the housing development process including pre-development, funding applications, financing, design, and construction of assigned projects.
Required: Bachelor's Degree; 3-5 yrs. experience in Architecture, Finance, or Construction Management
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (40 Hours per week) ; some evenings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of real estate development process, housing finance, tax credit and bond financing, legal, design and construction management
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and mentor/manage Project Assistant
- Some knowledge of building codes and construction techniques
- Organizational skills with attention to both big picture and details
- Proficient with MS Office, including Teams, Planner, Word, Excel, and Outlook and ability to learn financial systems such as Great Plains and Adaptive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse audiences and vendors
- Analytical skills and ability to perform feasibility analysis on prospective projects; Develop financial proformas; value engineering; and project management.
- Project Management skills necessary to bring project from concept to completion including feasibility analysis, design process, financial, legal, and construction.
- Positive attitude within a sometimes fast-paced environment to meet deadlines in quality and productive manner in collaboration with HD and other teams
Pre-Development & Finance
- Manage acquisition process and financing for prospective properties/projects
- Develop financial proformas to assist in evaluating properties and financing options for purchase and construction
- Prepare applications for grants and project funding, including pre-development, construction, and permanent financing
- Work with various stake-holders including appraisers, design and construction consultants to develop project budgets
- Manage lender due diligence including financial, legal, insurance and other loan documents for closing and reporting
- Manage processes for government agencies including DCHA and DHCD to secure project and operating funding
Design & Construction Management: Manage construction and architectural vendors, including RFP/bid process, contract negotiations, and scheduling. Manage design and construction process to maintain schedule and budget. Review plans and engage in value engineering analysis to reduce costs and maintain quality Procure preliminary estimates on schematic design with progressive updates on final pricing on CD and permit sets
Reports to: Chief Housing Development Officer
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.
- Architecture / Design
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.