Cottonwood is a vertically integrated real estate investment management company with robust in-house asset management and development capabilities. We are headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Boston and New York, with an AUM of over US$3 billion. Our private equity roots and extensive institutional relationships provide our investors unique access to superior real estate opportunities from equity positions to senior debt investments. Our leadership team has over 100 years of combined experience in structuring, funding, closing and developing some of the largest real estate projects in the United States.
We are seeking a candidate with strong academic credentials and extensive experience in managing real estate portfolios consisting of private equity and loan positions. If you are a successful professional with relevant experience and interested in further developing your skills in a creative and entrepreneurial environment, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The Vice President role will be based in Los Angeles working closely with senior professionals to manage our portfolio. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversight and delivery of reports and monitoring on the performance of assets and projects under construction/development
- Overseeing development and delivery of financial projections for individual assets
- Oversight and delivery of contractual compliance monitoring under transaction documents while collaborating with legal counsel and other deal service providers
- Oversight of capital funding requests processes and JV approval requirements
- Responsibility for development and implementation of strategies for special situations; managing enforcement actions undertaken after default
- Furnishing responses to capital providers’ enquiries about the state of investments
- Development and implementation of exit strategies to optimize returns
- Strong academic credentials from a top-tier institution
- 8-10 years’ experience in real estate portfolio management, conversant with both private equity and loan transactions
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting; strong analytical/modeling skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Exceptional business writing skills; ability to navigate through complex legal documents an advantage
- Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.