Independently perform all due diligence necessary to make an informed recommendation to loan committee regarding the risks and mitigating factors for a loan secured by a multifamily property. Limited oversight required with an in depth knowledge of GSE requirements as well as CBRE s corporate policy. Sr. Underwriters have broad responsibilities and decision making authority during the entire loan process. May be required to manage underwriters and analysts.
CBRE Multifamily Capital Inc. - Multifamily Sr. Underwriter requires at least 3 - 5 years of GSE multi-family underwriting experience to work within the CBRE Affordable Housing Group. Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare Complete Underwriting packages or Review field underwriting submissions to ensure internal credit quality and investor compliance.
- Present transaction for loan committee approval.
- Preparation of Borrower credit analysis including determination of net worth, liquidity, overall financial strength and acceptability of proposed borrower structure.
- Act as primary liaison between loan producer, investor, CBRE legal counsel and closing officer throughout the underwriting process.
- Perform property and market level due diligence, review of third party reports LURA s and legal documents to ensure compliance with GSE Guidelines, internal credit tolerances as well as investor requirements.
- Other related tasks include credit and real estate analysis, processing incoming exhibits and preparing final delivery of investor packages.
Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, excellent written communication and analytical skills, must be detail-oriented and possess the ability to work effectively with other team members and Production personnel in a fast paced environment. Travel required. Must be proficient in MS-Excel, Word and Office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a BS in finance, accounting, economics, real estate or other related subject.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required. Concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Real Estate or other related subject preferred. Minimum five years multi-family Underwriting experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Proficient in common Adobe and Microsoft applications including: Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge and understanding of the principles and procedures for underwriting and processing of Fannie Mae DUS multifamily, seniors housing, student housing, and affordable housing transactions.
Will be required to travel as needed.
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.