Reporting to a Senior Vice President, the Assistant Development Manager assists with all Predevelopment & development activities for assigned projects. This role is a project team member who oversees approved development and construction projects, executes milestone deliverables, and manages cost and schedules, while ensuring contract compliance.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the preparation and tracking of annual budgeting process.
- Reports on potential for Buyer-based claims (changes or liability issues).
- Reports on field discrepancies from plans/specs.
- Assures that approved changes/ clarifications are made in the field.
- Updates Plans/Specs incl. annotates ASIs & RFIs.
- Conducts Owner-Contractor Punch list, G704, est. of value.
- Recommends directives to development consultants and service providers.
- Review/recommend contracts, CORs and invoices.
- Uphold all company policies, goals, and values.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Work within assigned budget guidelines.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in real estate, finance or economics, or related discipline. Master degree a plus.
Experience and Qualifications
- 1-2 years in real estate or related field.
- Basic knowledge of real estate development principles and skills.
- Awareness of asset management principles and skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of MS Project.
- Ability to analyze and build Excel based financial models. Basic knowledge of Argus a plus.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requires a reliable, self-motivated individual who takes/assumes responsibility for work, pays close attention detail, demonstrates strong communication, and business literacy skills. Demonstrates ability to work on a team, use discretion and ability to maintain a professional attitude and appearance. Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues. Takes initiative to identify and anticipate business needs and make recommendations for implementation.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Portfolio Management
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.