TITLE: On-Site Owners’ Representative
DEPARTMENT: Project Management, Construction, Development
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President
Coordinates successful project turn over and monitor all phases of the construction project between contractors, Grubb subcontractors and vendors, and GPI design and end user teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and supervises:
- Subcontractors who are working directly for Grubb Properties; work by general contractor on shell building and site package; upfit work; CM upfit work.
- With project design team; with tenants and end user (per project manager instructions); with property staff on affected properties; local municipalities; public utilities for projects; with owners’ subcontractors/vendors, testing agency, technology engineer, abatement contractors, etc.
- Manages field operation from job release to punch list completion; generate punch list and coordinate its completion.
- Develops and tracks schedules; participate in weekly On-site associated general contractors meeting for project.
- Procures construction pricing as needed and requested; review and approve contractor and vendor pay applications for project; and assist in preparing Monthly Reports.
- Writes work orders for projects outside the scope of the overall contract with the general contractor.
- Implements buyers’ finish selections.
- Inspects materials put in place by the general contractor to ensure they meet the project requirements and quality level.
- Settles field disputes and changes and approve change orders; resolve construction and design issues related to the project documents.
- Acts as owners’ liaison with project neighbors.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Coordinates initial meetings with utility service providers and manages providers through draft service agreements through installation in the building.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS degree in a related field with 5 years work experience in a related field.
- Results oriented, driven to succeed.
- Ability to establish respect among team members, motivate the team, be readily available, be decisive and persuasive.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, outgoing personality.
- Professional attitude with strong diplomacy skills.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting as well as on construction job sites.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work. Walks, climbs stairs, uses hands to test equipment.
- Wears hard hat on job sites.
- Drives vehicle to and from multiple sites.
Critical features of this position are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.