TITLE: Analyst, Finance
REPORTS TO: Director, Investments
The Analyst position is responsible for providing market research and coordination of information for quarterly reporting and investor reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers and analyzes market information including sales and rent comparables, replacement costs, supply/demand fundamentals, capitalization rates, and other underwriting assumptions.
- Prepares and assists with real estate transaction presentations, packages, and analyses for the company’s internal investment committee, outside investors, partners and lenders.
- Evaluates historical property performance relative to pro forma and interfacing with property and asset management teams to obtain any requisite information.
- Assembly of complex quarterly investment report, involving collaboration and coordination with other teams to obtain needed information.
- Research and information gathering for complex reporting for large third party investors, each with their own reporting requirements.
- Ad hoc market research, including research for potential joint ventures, new markets for acquisition, etc.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant economic, market and industry data.
Knowledge/Critical Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business, accounting, finance, or economics required.
- 2-5 years of strong industry experience in finance or real estate preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to understand how the parts fit into the larger picture.
- Positive attitude, integrity and reliability.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Proactive, solution-oriented mindset with a focus on task management and completion.
- Must thrive in an environment where personal accountability and performance is balanced with teamwork.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple concurrent large-scale projects with moderate supervision.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting under moderate supervision.
- Will use repetitive motion of hands and wrists in using computer.
- Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
- Occasionally travels to off-site meetings and/or development/acquisition sites.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.