TITLE: Development Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Construction and Development Management
REPORTS TO: SVP, Development
Coordinates all aspects of design, financing and development of new or renovated properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all development activities of the project (Financial, Design, Construction, Lease Up/Sales and Marketing) with support from division heads and functional department.
- Assists in developing pre-development proformas and design concepts by interacting with project team.
- Works closely with the Construction Division to understand construction schedules and budgets.
- Works closely with accounting to set up and monitor budgets and approve invoices.
- Reviews the project’s financial feasibility based upon criteria of outside debt and equity capital providers through interaction with Financial Division head.
- Finds and presents architects and design consultants to create superior projects with help from pre-development.
- Seeks input from Property Management on design decisions.
- Acts as primary point of contact with 3rd party investors and bank lenders once loans are closed.
- Obtains approvals from local municipalities and work with design to create solutions related to conflicts created by zoning and permitting.
- Coordinates public utilities up to start of construction.
- Prepares monthly reports that include but are not limited to narrative, photos, schedules, cost logs, exposures and proformas.
- Works closely with Sales/Leasing, Marketing and Property Management teams to achieve stabilized occupancy.
- Maintains positive neighbor relations.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Create project closeout manual if required.
- Assist in maintaining the “best practices” or “lessons learned” file after the completion of each project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA degree in Construction Management preferred.
- 5 – 7 years project management experience.
- Results oriented, driven to succeed.
- Innovative and searches for better methods and new ideas.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, outgoing personality.
- Ability to establish respect among team members, motivates the team, be readily available, be decisive and persuasive.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work and climb stairs.
- Frequently visits construction sites, requiring the use of a hard hat.
- Frequent travel to job sites/construction sites. Requires valid driver’s license and own car.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.