Fairstead is a privately owned, fully integrated real estate investor and manager specializing in multifamily property. Fairstead owns approximately $2.5 billion worth of real estate, comprised of over 11,500 market-rate, workforce and affordable rental units on behalf of its principals and investors with properties in 14 states and offices nationwide.
We are seeking an attorney with at least 4 years of experience working on sophisticated commercial real estate transactions. This candidate will report directly to the General Counsel and will serve as lead counsel in negotiating documents for real estate acquisitions and financings in New York City and across the country.
- The legal department handles a diverse, interesting, and challenging workload across Fairstead's real estate portfolio, and this will be a key role within the department. The attorney will work closely with the Fairstead staff as well as with outside counsel on a range of real estate transactions and focused primarily on affordable properties.
- Qualified candidates will have experience representing developers of and investors in multifamily properties, as well as a strong interest in housing and community development. Knowledge of federal, state and New York City affordable housing and community development programs and regulations is desired, including LITHC and Section 8 investments.
- Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with a commitment to excellence and have the ability to thrive in an exciting and entrepreneurial environment.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- At least 4 years of real estate transactional experience
- Experience with LIHTC properties and Section 8 subsidy programs
- Strong drafting skills, with prior experience at a law firm
- Demonstrate sound judgment good negotiating skills and strategic thinking in all legal matters
- Basic computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Must be able to work both independently and in a group setting
Why Work at Fairstead?
Fairstead is a real estate owner/operator that has rapidly expanded since its inception in 2013 with four offices across the country and a portfolio that spans 14 states. Come to Fairstead for the opportunity to work closely with senior executives to impact real change and drive decision making from the ground up. Join our team in this growth inspired role to accelerate your career in a fast-growing organization.
- Outstanding perks including FULLY PAID (no employee contribution) health benefits for medical, dental, and vision plans!
- Catered daily lunch at our brand new, midtown office space on the 35th floor offering sweeping views of Manhattan
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits program to use pre-tax funds for savings on mass transit
- Wellness programs to promote employee health and self-care
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.