Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow, over 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working on a truly collaborative team in a professional environment in a company that encourages a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Data Scientist, you will be a ground-breaking leader who works as part of a team that builds and owns analytics-based assets, bringing the value of real estate predictive analytics to our business leaders. You will shape the future of a data-savvy organization, in part by driving processes for data extraction and analysis, and by creating new lines of thinking within our core real estate and investing business. In this role, you will design, develop and execute predictive analytics workstreams that serve as the catalyst to increase ROI for the business.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Build predictive analytics for use cases such as: Portfolio Management; Development; Acquisitions
- Work with business teams to identify, develop and deliver new use cases over time
- Prioritize predictive analytics initiatives based on multiple factors, e.g., ROI/productivity, business continuity, ease of delivery
- Deliver insights with user friendly end-products such as web-based tools, reports (e.g., Power BI) or visualizations that are accessible and understandable for business users
- Ensure we remain state of the art by keeping up on the latest technologies and approaches, attending conferences or other events as needed
Infrastructure for Predictive Analytics
- Create the vision for static and dynamic data architecture for predictive analytics encompassing internal data in our ERP system or other data sources as well as externally sourced data (e.g., census information news feeds)
- Oversee the process for data management leveraging IT and business teams using clearly articulated responsibility matrices and timelines, including meeting internal audit requirements for data/process integrity
- Coordinate with the IT team to buy or license required tools, data and feeds
- Work with the IT team as they set up the necessary infrastructure and processes to support predictive analytics, e.g., ETL from the ERP system to data warehouse/lake
- Determine how and when to take and store “snapshots” of data so that we can go back in time to test new models and approaches
- Work closely with business teams, IT, internal audit and enterprise risk to define end products and processes
- Create cross-functional working groups or teams as needed to initiate, approve or complete work
- Update the Investment Committee monthly or quarterly on key matters such as portfolio risk
- Support business teams in the achievement of their objectives using predictive analytics tools
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- PhD or advanced degree preferred in a relevant discipline, e.g., machine learning, statistics, applied mathematics, econometrics, or operations research
- 3-5+ years of experience providing advanced analytics within a business setting
- Prior work experience within real estate or financial services is preferred, but not required
- Programming experience in Python, Spark and SQL. Java/Scala is a plus
- Experience with RDBMS systems like PostgreSQL and NoSQL systems like MongoDB
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2 cloud platform
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement ETL workflows across both Windows and Linux environments
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, orally or via written communications
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without restriction
To all recruitment agencies: Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.