Berkshire Residential Investments is a vertically integrated residential real estate investment and property management company with over 50 years of experience. Berkshire aspires to improve lives through expert capital stewardship and exceptional living experiences. Berkshire invests in affordable, middle-income, market rate and luxury apartments as well as senior housing, active adult housing, student housing, and residential asset-backed debt, based on specified investment strategies, and creates unparalleled living experiences for our residents.
Under the general direction of the AVP, Internal Audit, the Senior Auditor will perform and contribute to various aspects of the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) and internal audit activities, which encompass planning, execution, and reporting that drive results and accountability.
- Assist with the Company’s ICFR Program, including coordinating updates to the internal control framework, arranging testing support requests, documenting testing procedures, and drafting control deficiency reports for review by the AVP, Internal Audit.
- Perform financial and accounting auditing duties of a complex nature requiring advanced professional knowledge and experience in auditing principles and practices.
- Assist with audits under the direction of the AVP, Internal Audit, including planning, test work, and wrap-up phases of the audits.
- Draft clear and concise audit observations summarizing audit findings, associated risks, and recommended corrective action for review by the AVP, Internal Audit for incorporation in the Audit Report.
- Engage in discussions with the AVP, Internal Audit to enhance audit testing programs, bringing a fresh perspective to areas selected for test work and testing procedures performed.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance.
- Assist with special audits/examinations and perform additional audit activities as assigned by the AVP, Internal Audit.
- Assist with other projects as requested by the VP, Internal Audit and the AVP, Internal Audit.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5+ years of relevant ICFR and internal audit experience, preferably combination of private industry and public accounting
- Must have technical expertise with ICFR compliance, understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards, and understanding of the COSO Framework
- Must have experience with financial/operational audits
- Experience with multifamily real estate or investment manager firms preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated experience writing controls, narratives, and audit reports
- Exceptional relationship management skills with all types of customers, both internal and external
- Motivated to improve processes and create efficiencies across the organization
- Detail oriented and highly organized; able to multitask efficiently and effectively
Technical/ Educational Requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting, or related field
- Must hold a CPA/CIA or pursuing relevant designation
- Must understand and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must understand and be proficient with PDF software
- Experience with TeamMate preferred
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.