As part of QuadReal’s International team and reporting to the Managing Director, Americas, the successful candidate will lead sourcing new investment and development opportunities including due diligence, structuring, investment management and operations, with a primary focus in the Western region of the US market.
- Responsible for sourcing acquisition/development opportunities and investment management of joint venture, separate account and direct investments with a primary focus in the Western region of the US market.
- Negotiate new investment opportunities including term sheets, LOI’s, JV documents and tax and legal structuring. Recommend approval to Managing Director and President.
- Manage the Investment Committee process including overseeing preparation of the Investment Memo and presentation to senior management
- Conduct site inspections, market research and property due diligence in target markets. Oversee the underwriting and due diligence process through closing.
- Working in conjunction with Asset Management, provide oversight of existing Americas portfolio, including development projects, with regular performance updates, operations, valuations and capital budget reviews.
- Ensure alignment of international program with QuadReal’s real estate strategic plan, goals and objectives.
- Actively manage development projects including manager and contractor oversight.
- Review and manage the internal real estate group risk management and approval processes for international real estate investments. Ensures compliance with QuadReal’s real estate policy and investment guidelines.
- Provide regular internal reporting and present to senior management and the Board of Directors as required.
- Monitor and regularly assesses external managers as to investment performance, risk management, financial controls, and efforts to perform as a responsible property investor.
- Provide mentorship to other members on the team and be a trusted and resourceful member of the International team
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Real Estate, Finance, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline. CFA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years+ of progressive institutional level investment experience focusing on sourcing acquisition and development opportunities primarily in the Western region of US.
- Experience in different real estate asset classes is preferred but industrial and multi-family experience is required.
- Superior communication skills, with the ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including senior management. Experience in preparing and presenting high quality presentations to Executive Teams, Investment Committees or Boards.
- Very effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to build collaborative relationships with external partners and internal teams from various backgrounds and across functional areas to achieve goals. Has a Team-first attitude and can collaborate effectively with other QuadReal departments.
- Successful record of accomplishment and demonstrated experience in analyzing complex real estate transactions, developing business plans, and executing on those strategies and plans to achieve intended objectives.
- Strong analytic and real estate financial skills. Advanced user of Excel, proficient in Argus, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- An excellent critical thinker with strong attention to detail yet also able to see the bigger picture.
- Comfortable and effective in a high growth, fast-paced and fluid environment, able to shift priorities and adapt.
- Embrace and pro-actively support QuadReal’s values and its culture of environmental sustainability and corporate and social responsibility.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company. QuadReal manages the real estate and mortgage programs of British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), one of Canada’s largest asset managers with a $153.4 billion portfolio.
QuadReal manages a $37.6 billion portfolio spanning 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. The company seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
- Investment Management
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.