McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
In May of 2018, we opened MHQ, our new state-of-the-art global headquarters in Chicago’s dynamic West Loop neighborhood. MHQ was designed to be a tangible expression of McDonald’s culture by fostering collaboration, productivity and innovation.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative corporate real estate and facilities management professional to help us take the employee experience at MHQ to the next level. In this role, the director will be responsible for our US corporate real estate strategy and provide oversight for facilities management in our headquarters and greater Chicagoland area offices.
- Provide strategic direction for McDonald’s workplace experience.
- Responsible for McDonald’s US-based non-restaurant real estate portfolio including acquisition, leasing, disposition, and renovation.
- Lead the outsourced organization that is responsible for CRE, transactions, project management, operations, maintenance, occupancy planning, A/V and sourcing.
- Oversee the day-to-day building operations for our headquarters as well as the local offices; provide guidance to Field Offices on CRE and facilities management issues.
- Oversee project work at McDonald’s headquarters and local offices.
- Work with headquarters building owner to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Oversee and provide strategic direction for McDonald’s Smart Building Program.
- Prepare and monitor capital and G&A operating budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Develop, document and implement processes that will ensure the consistent implementation of all capital and workplace projects.
- Identify, evaluate and implement workplace initiatives, technologies and amenities that will enhance the employee experience for McDonald’s employees.
- Degree in architecture, business administration or finance.
- 6+ years in Corporate Real Estate, facilities management or related fields.
- Experience with real estate transactions, facilities and vendor management.
- Experience leading people and teams.
- Experience managing projects and corresponding capital and G&A budgets.
- Positive and inspiring people-leader.
- Agility; ability to adapt to changing workplace demands.
- Champion of sustainability and inclusivity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years