Blue Lake Capital is a rising real estate company. We own and operate multifamily properties across the US. We are young, nimble and love to work with passion and energy! Our goal is to become a $1B company and we are looking for someone that can help us get there. We are looking for an acquisitions manager with experience underwriting value-add multifamily deals to handle the acquisitions process from sourcing to closing, and work directly with the company’s CEO. We are looking for someone who can take ownership over the entire acquisition process.
- We are looking for someone who has the ability to identify, underwrite, and recommend potential multifamily investment opportunities by researching property, demographics, and other pertinent information within target markets and apply analytical processes to determine whether opportunities meet or exceed the company’s investment criteria.
- The person we will hire will lead the acquisition process from start to finish with minimal supervision. Source deals, analyze deals, communicate with brokers, lenders, and property managers and review their quotes and budgets to complete underwriting, lead due diligence, loan placement and closing.
- We syndicate our deals, so underwriting will include equity and debt structuring.
- Our ideal candidate will have the ability and experience to manage and oversee the full due diligence process (that will be carried out by 3rd party), including independently verifying all details about the property, arranging and reviewing all due diligence materials including 3rd party reports, market analyses, title/survey, and rent comps, lease file audits and maintenance audits.
- Ability to write clear and concise communications and draft Investment Memorandum to our investors.
- Participate in LOIs submission process, term sheets, and contract negotiation.
- Maintain existing and establish new relationships with brokers in target markets.
- Post-closing, work with 3rd party property management company to ensure that projects are on track and meeting projections.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 2+ years in underwriting and acquisitions of value-add multifamily deals is a must.
- Established track record of sourcing and closing transactions.
- Technically savvy: Advanced MS Excel skills, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in multifamily value-add modeling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, presentation and analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to details.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to take ownership and commitment to follow through.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility and entrepreneurship.
- Experience is asset management is a plus.