Cassin & Cassin LLP, a law firm with attorneys in New York, Dallas, and Phoenix, has over three decades of experience providing the highest quality of service to our clients. The Firm specializes in commercial real estate transactions, representing lending institutions, investment funds, and small- to medium-size companies in all aspects of real estate including financing, buying, selling, leasing and development.
We are currently seeking a full-time mid-level Commercial Real Estate Finance Associate to be based in our midtown Manhattan office. The ideal candidate should have experience representing lenders in the origination of commercial loans intended to be sold in the secondary mortgage market (including conduit/CMBS loans) as well as commercial bridge loans secured by transitional commercial properties. In addition, the ideal candidate should have experience drafting and negotiating loan documents, intercreditor agreements, participation agreements and co-lender agreements.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Serving as lead lender’s counsel in all aspects of pre-closing and closings, including due diligence and correspondence with title companies, surveyors, borrower’s counsel and clients for properties throughout the United States;
- Loan Document drafting and negotiation;
- Reviewing and supervising junior attorneys and paralegals in reviewing legal due diligence including title commitments, surveys, leases, REA’s, franchise agreements, borrower organizational documents, opinion letters etc.;
- Performing other tasks and duties related to the closing and sale of commercial mortgage loans.
- Bachelor’s Degree and J.D. from an accredited law school;
- 2+ years experience in CRE Finance law;
- Knowledge of securitization and rating agency requirements as they relate to CMBS loans;
- Comprehensive proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, team environment; and
- Ability to interact effectively with attorneys and colleagues.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.